On this episode of DMT I’m joined by Glenn Peoples (@billboardglenn) and J Herskowitz (@jherskowitz).
This week we talk about:
– Bjork’s Kickstarter campaign for Biophilia
– Rdio launching a free 6-month trial of the service in multiple territories
– Samsung’s Music Hub going beyond Samsung devices
– Sony Music Unlimited HQ audio: will anyone care?
– Music sales in Japan for 2012, why did CD sales increase and will streaming make an impact in 2013?
– The worldwide independent music industry network WIN condemns the attitude of the new MySpace toward independents as “repugnant”. Can MySpace recover?
You can find links to this week’s stories here: http://bit.ly/DMT118notes