In what was a technically challenging show (those who follow the video version will see what I mean) we managed eventually to chat about:
– Pandora’s latest numbers, Web Radio, market saturation and Apple’s potential entry
– Apple’s 25 billion iTunes music sales
– Some interesting numbers from the latest BPI report on brand awareness for streaming services in the UK
– News from Japan as mobile carriers abandon walled gardens and look at cross-carrier content services and also the iPhone becoming the no.1 seller in the country for 2012
– Grammy predictions game, how did Spotify and Shazam do and what does it mean?
– Parlophone and the significance of the acquisition by Warner
– Daisy’s latest announcements including a summer launch, 100 people working on playlists and more
You can find the shownotes here.
I hope you enjoy the show, have a great week and ’till next time!