This week on Digital Music Trends it was a real pleasure to welcome Theda Sandiford, VP of Digital Marketing at Republic record, and Dave Haynes, Head of Business Development at Makeshift.io, to the show.
We chat about: – The latest figures released by Nielsen Soundscan on US music sales for the first 6 months of 2014
– The evolution of MCNs and Rightster’s acquisition of Base79 for £50 million
– Ariana Grande’s campaign which recently drove over a billion Twitter impressions in 24 without spending any money on advertising
– Makeshift.io and Dave’s interest in tech startups related to music creation
– Taylor Swift’s editorial on the future of the music industry, reactions?
– Samsung pushing hard on Milk with slick advert, reveals the app reached 2 million downloads
– RapGenius closing a deal with Warner/Chappell: with all three major publishers signed, what next?
Thanks as always for tuning in and I hope you enjoyed the show, have a great week and ’till next time!